Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 21:28:50 -0500

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 5:48 PM Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <address@hidden>
wrote:

The reason I chose hash-tables back in 2013 was that I wanted to an
> unordered data structure to strictly comply with the JSON spec.

RFC 8259, the latest JSON RFC, clarifies this:

   JSON parsing libraries have been observed to differ as to whether or
   not they make the ordering of object members visible to calling
   software.  Implementations whose behavior does not depend on member
   ordering will be interoperable in the sense that they will not be
   affected by these differences.

So there is no *requirement* not to preserve order, there is simply
no requirement to preserve it.

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.