Re: Using GUIX

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: Using GUIX
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:59:05 +0800

Zelphir Kaltstahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Guile Users,
>
> I recently managed to install GUIX package manager. Now I always get the
> following warning, when I install any package:
>
> guix package -i hello
> guix package: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
> 'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.
>
> The following package will be upgraded:
>    hello      2.10 → 2.10
> /gnu/store/md2plii4g5sk66wg9cgwc964l3xwhrm9-hello-2.10
>
> substitute: guile: warning: failed to install locale
> substitute: hint: Consider installing the `glibc-utf8-locales' or
> `glibc-locales' package and
> substitute: defining `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:
> substitute:
> substitute:      guix package -i glibc-utf8-locales
> substitute:      export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"
> substitute:
> substitute: See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.
> substitute:
> substitute:
> nothing to be done
>
> I already installed both, glibc-utf8-locales and glibc-locales, but the
> warning remains.

Hello, I think you need to install the 'glibc-utf8-locales' as the
'root' user, and then restart the 'guix-daemon' service.  The locale
warning coming from the 'substitute' program spawned by the
'guix-daemon', whose environment variables are controlled by the system
service manager, which set GUIX_LOCPATH to root's profile by default.