Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: guile-json 2.0.0 released
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 10:09:27 -0800

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 8:46 AM Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:

> I’d recommend against that: reader macros are global, so they could
> clash with unrelated bits of code, they are non-standard, and they often
> don’t buy you much.
>
> There are cases where having a shorthand, like #' or #~ in Guix makes a
> real difference, but for a dictionary data type, you could do with a
> regular macro.

Thanks for the advice!

Any comments on the discussion between alist/vector vs
hash-tables/list? How hard would it be for Guix to change to the
alist/vector approach? I'm just considering options and would like
input from anyone who uses guile-json, specially Guix who's probably
the biggest user.

Best,

Aleix