Re: Re: parse-result (Catonano)

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Re: parse-result (Catonano)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 21:31:13 +0100

Perhaps I should put a link into the source code whenever I follow a
tutorial. Sorry for the confusion!

I am also only following Amirouche Boubekki's tutorial ; ) Good that you
already found it.

There is a paper about parser combinators (which I did not completely
implement, because I had a bug somewhere, where I did not find it at
some point), about parser combinators:
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~pszgmh/monparsing.pdf

It takes some time to get used to the Gopher code syntax, but from the
part of the paper, that I read, it is quite clever stuff, all this
parser combinator stuff.

I am still unsure about the theoretical CS stuff: What kind of parsers
one can possibly write with parser combinators? Which language class is
that? I have language X can I parse it completely using parser
combinators? etc. Theoretical CS and the proofs were not my strongest area.