Re: Tangerine Edition penultimate report: how I voted, how you're voting

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: Tangerine Edition penultimate report: how I voted, how you're voting
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:14:58 -0800

On 1/16/19 6:27 AM, John Cowan wrote:
So what is happening is that people are voting for more rather than less, as
with the Red Edition.  This encourages me that I'm going in a sensible
direction with the large language.

For the record, I'm extremely leery of the more-is-better approach.
We seem to be adding a large number of very large APIs, which seems
to be contrary to the Scheme ideal of small well-chosen primitives
that work synergistic well together.  People were unhappy with R6RS
because of its size and that so much of it was invention rather than
codifying existing practice.  R7RS-large is the same - but much more so.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/