fibers on a unix socket

From: Catonano
Subject: fibers on a unix socket
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:43:42 +0100

Hello

in Fibers there's an example of a client connecting to a server

I'd like to do the same thing BUT in my case the server provides a unix
socket.

It's a unix socket provided by Postgresql. On Ubuntu it's here
/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432

I'm wondering about these 3 lines the fibers client uses

    ;; Disable Nagle's algorithm.  We buffer ourselves.
    (setsockopt port IPPROTO_TCP TCP_NODELAY 1)
    (fcntl port F_SETFL (logior O_NONBLOCK (fcntl port F_GETFL)))
    (setvbuf port 'block 1024)

Can a unix socket be non blocking ?

Does it make any sense if I set the block size to 1024 ?

Thanks