sandboxing Guile extensions

From: Noneayour Business
Subject: sandboxing Guile extensions
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 22:06:12 +0100

   I have a GUI app
     http://www.lightandmatter.com/ogr/ogr.html
   in which I've just implemented a very rudimentary extension mechanism
   using Guile. I'm not an experienced lisp programmer at all. This has
   been
   my first use of lisp beyond "hello, world."

   The purpose of my extension is to let users run their own arbitrary
   code
   in certain situations. However, this means that someone could in
   principle
   create a Trojan horse attack in which they embed some malicious Guile
   code in a document and send it to someone else and try to get them to
   open the document.

   I see that Guile 2.2.1 has a sandboxing mechanism:

   https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Sandboxed-Evaluatio
   n.html
   However, this seems entirely focused on preventing excessive use of
   resources. Is there any way to have Guile run in a sandbox similar to
   the javascript or java applet sandbox, where it doesn't have access to
   the file system and so on? E.g., could I delete certain parts of the
   libraries
   before handing control over to the user-supplied code, or can the
   interpreter
   be started up without some of the standard libraries?

   I'm currently running Guile by starting up an interpreter through a
   shell
   for each evaluation of the user's function:
     https://github.com/bcrowell/opengrade/blob/master/Extension.pm

   Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

     Ben Crowell