Re: Wisp error location?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Wisp error location?
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 12:02:12 +0100

Hi Arne,

I use your solution when debugging:
   wisp2lisp /tmp/test.w > /tmp/test.scm \
       && guild compile /tmp/test.scm

At FOSDEM, when dining with Ludo and Ricardo, we spoke about syntax and so on.
Well, as explained, Ricardo implemented the Wisp support in the Guix
Workflow Language (GWL); which is nice and improves a lot the
readibility of the very workflows.
Ludo spotted on the location issue and he suggested to report it to
you; what I am doing. :-)
Then, I did not where exactly to submit you this "feature request",
and because maybe the Guile community is interested. So here we are.
:-)

Well, I think I get your point:
 1. it is a bit complicated because it needs some divings in the Guile
internals;
 2. it needs some time because it is a piece of work;
 3. you cannot promise a fix.

In the meantime, I will use the `wisp2lisp` trick. :-)

Well, the GWL uses Wisp to describe the processes and workflows. If
you are interested by this use-case, please join the mailing list:
gwl-devel at gnu.org.
Roughly speaking, we are trying to build a "similar" tool than
SnakeMake (Python-based) [1] but on-the-top of Guix and Guile-based.
See you there? ;-)

[1] https://snakemake.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

Thank you for wisp and all your work !!

All the best,