Re: R7RS On Guile

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: R7RS On Guile
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 21:48:40 +0200

Hi Amirouche!

I just looked at the source hut thingy. I do not really understand where
to go from there.

I see the to-do list: https://todo.sr.ht/~amz3/guile-r7rs

On each item there is already a name before the chat icon in the table.
But I guess that is only the creator of the to-do list item (you?)?

I click on an item, lets say "(scheme repl)". Then I get to this page:
https://todo.sr.ht/~amz3/guile-r7rs/41

There I see a link to a PDF and a GitLab project
https://gitlab.com/akkuscm/akku-r7rs/ .

However, the linked project seems to not be specific to any to-do list
item. No matter what item I check, it always leads me to this akku
thingy. Does that mean, that it is already implemented somewhere in the
akku? Should it not be marked as closed on the to-do list then?

And how does that source hut thing work? Do I create a new repository on
GitLab and simply start implementing things according to what the PDF
defines as the standard? I would like to see example code for other
things R7RS to see if I can understand anything and see, if I feel
capable of contributing anything of value, or if it is above my level.

Sorry for all the questions! I have not used source hut before.

Regards,

Zelphir