Re: [ANN] Gash 0.1 released

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: [ANN] Gash 0.1 released
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 10:32:53 -0400

Hi Matt,

Matt Wette <address@hidden> writes:

> On 6/1/19 11:53 AM, Timothy Sample wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am very pleased to announce that Gash version 0.1 has been released.
>
> Impressive.  Congrat's.

Thanks!

>>    http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/gash/gash-0.1.tar.gz
>>
> When I run "make check" there are 8 XFAILs.  Are those expected?

Yes.  In Automake parlance, “XFAIL” is short for “eXpected FAILure”.

> PASS: tests/60-subst.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-hash.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-hash-hash.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-percent.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-percent-percent.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-percent-space.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-slash.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-slash-string.sh
> XFAIL: tests/70-slash-string-slash.sh
> PASS: tests/100-cd.sh

These tests check a couple of fancier variable operator features, at
least one of which is Bash-specific.  We actually have patches to
implement the missing features required for these tests.  They need a
little work to be included, though.

Thanks for checking and following up!

-- Tim