Re: Srfi-159/166 - monadic formatting for guile

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: Srfi-159/166 - monadic formatting for guile
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 07:34:32 +0200

Thanks Ludo!

When SRFI-166 stabilizes I will probably make a pull request myself and convert
the srfi document to a texi file.

I want to package it as (srfi srfi-166) whenever that happens, and maybe try to
get it into guile (or at least become the maintainer for the guix package
myself).

This is quite some time into the future though. I need to try to make it faster
(Alex mentions CL-style compiler macros and make some fast path for common
cases). I don't know if that kind of hack is a show stopper for guile though.

--
  Linus Björnstam