Re: [ANN] guile-gi v0.0.1 released

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: [ANN] guile-gi v0.0.1 released
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 18:41:44 +0200

Mike Gran writes:

Hi!

>> I've just noticed test/closures.c -- is that intended for handlers like
>> key-press-event; are they different from `clicked'?
>
> This is me trying to explain to myself how the meta_marshaller was working
> in PyGObject, on which much of this code is based.

Ah, that makes sense.  I started playing with it and learned one or two
things, until i found src/gclosure.c :-)

Have you seen the gclosure implementation in guile-gnome, would that be
any help?

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile-gnome.git/tree/glib/gnome/gobject/gclosure.scm

I'm quite new to all this, I cannot see the great difference in gtk+2
and gtk+3 here, even...

>> Patches also on my `wip' branch: https://gitlab.com/janneke/guile-gi.git
>
> I am pleased and super embarrassed that someone has taken the time to
> patch this code.  It is really rough code.  I had lost momentum on
> this project, but, I'll try to get back to it.

Great!

> Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks for this awesome project, it's real impressive :) I'll update the
guix package to your git (or a next release) again when that builds
without patches.

janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com