Re: [ANN] Chickadee 0.4.0 released

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [ANN] Chickadee 0.4.0 released
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 19:35:59 +0200

Thompson, David <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm happy to announce that Chickadee 0.4.0 has been released!

Congrats! Looks great!

> See <https://dthompson.us/projects/chickadee.html> for more
> information about the project.

Short note on that: It might help people to start if you’d add to
installation:

wget https://files.dthompson.us/chickadee/chickadee-0.4.0.tar.gz
tar xf chickadee-*.tar.gz
cd chickadee-*/

And to Anonymous clone:

# (install dependencies) ← linked to dependencies section of the page
cd chickadee
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix ~/.local
make
./pre-inst-env guile
# (type or copy one of the examples)

And to the dependencies-section, how to install the dependencies using guix.

That’s just for removing unnecesarry barriers to entry.

I know how to do that, but I’m sure many of those, who see that beautiful page,
don’t.

Best wishes,
Arne
--