Re: Srfi-159/166 - monadic formatting for guile

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: Srfi-159/166 - monadic formatting for guile
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:39:34 +0200

So, I have had a look and played around with trimmed/lazy and it does nothing
fancy. It relies solely on guiles own procedures for custom printers, which
means we get guile's guarrantees for free. Recursive records are no problem,
nor are circular lists of any rank or vectors any problem.

trimmed/lazy is also well-behaved when printing circular lists/vectors. (show
#t (trimmed/lazy 100 (each-in-list (circular-list 1 2 3 4)))) works just fine
and displays 1 2 3 4 ... until the 100 character limit is met.

I will have to do some porting to delimited continuations or CPS because
currently it is relying on call/cc and the overhead is quite noticeable.
--
  Linus Björnstam