Lots of questions!! guile bindings for Capstone, the disassembly framewo

From: Daniel Tornabene
Subject: Lots of questions!! guile bindings for Capstone, the disassembly framework, z3, and GDB
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 14:33:42 -0500

Hey all, I'm curious if anyone knows about any attempts to write some
bindings from guile to capstone, doesn't matter if its old, doesn't work,
bit-rotted, whatever.  I've got a deadline coming up and I'd like to sift
through some sources first for ideas *if thats possible* .  I've done some
light googling to no avail, asked capstone on twitter, same.  So! if anyone
has any thoughts....

Second issue:  I'm working on translating some of the python scripting
extensions for gdb that are centered on exploit development into a set of
guile scripts (or even a full blown framework). Does anyone know if this
had been done before? Again, light googling, haven't managed to turn up
anything just yet.

Last but not least, the z3 theorem prover is written in C++, and it (or a
different theorem prover written in C/C++) provides a key piece in the
toolchain for the work that I'm trying to do. My question is: is writing
bindings for a C++ library fundamentally different than for C in guile?
I've read some of the docs, and they appear to be more oriented to C then
C++, and given my experience with C++ is ....limited... I'd love to check
ahead of time to see if there are any foot guns as far as guile => C++ is
concerned.

This is capstone, the disassembly framework
https://www.capstone-engine.org/

These are a couple of the python scripts/frameworks for exploit dev with GDB
https://gef.readthedocs.io/en/master/
https://github.com/pwndbg/pwndbg
https://github.com/longld/peda

And this is z3, the theorem prover:
https://github.com/Z3Prover/z3

Thank you for whatever time you can spare for this laundry list of
questions, it is much appreciated.