Problem installing the intended version

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Problem installing the intended version
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 22:19:50 +0200

Hi,

recently I tested building LilyPond against guile-2.2.6 without
success[*] and tried to investigate whether the problem is on the
guile-side or at LilyPond (there are some patches which may or may not
cause the problem).

Though I stumbled across a problem which may be caused by guile or my
naivity ...

I had built guile-2.2.6 from the git repository and installed it via
`sudo make install´
Then I did (in/for a fresh repo):

  git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/guile.git ~/guile-2.2.4
  cd guile-2.2.4/
  git checkout v2.2.4
  git checkout -b guile-2.2.4
  sh autogen.sh
  ./configure
  make

All successfull, then some tests:

  ./meta/guile --version
  -->  guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.4 [...]
  ./meta/guile-config --version
  --> guile-config - Guile version 2.2.4

Then installed it systemwide

  sudo make install

And made some testings:

  which guile
  --> /usr/local/bin/guile
  /usr/local/bin/guile --version
  --> guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.6.1-a69b5

Obviously 2.2.4 was _not_ installed but 2.2.6 from another repo.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
  Harm

[*] To be more exact: `make´ succeeded for LilyPond, but `make
test-baseline´ failed.