Re: extract documentation from (define ...

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: extract documentation from (define ...
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 07:19:15 +0200

Jesse Gibbons writes:

> I am trying to generate documentation for a project written in guile. I
> tried "guild doc-snarf" [0] but apparently it only recognizes
> documentation in double-semicolon comments. A lot of the project is
> documented in a string like one would document an emacs-lisp function.
> Is there a program to extract that kind of documentation?

For Emacsy[0] I have used a guild doc-snarf but am now switching to doc
strings using.  See the `wip-doc' branch and esp.

https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/emacsy.git/tree/scripts/document-module.scm?h=wip-doc

You may want to look at the Makefile.am as well for how it's used.

HTH,
janneke

[0] https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/emacsy

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ® http://AvatarAcademy.com