Re: extract documentation from (define ...

From: Vladimir Zhbanov
Subject: Re: extract documentation from (define ...
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 19:22:10 +0300

On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 07:19:15AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Jesse Gibbons writes:
>
> > I am trying to generate documentation for a project written in guile. I
> > tried "guild doc-snarf" [0] but apparently it only recognizes
> > documentation in double-semicolon comments. A lot of the project is
> > documented in a string like one would document an emacs-lisp function.
> > Is there a program to extract that kind of documentation?
>
> For Emacsy[0] I have used a guild doc-snarf but am now switching to doc
> strings using.  See the `wip-doc' branch and esp.
>

> https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/emacsy.git/tree/scripts/document-module.scm?h=wip-doc
>
> You may want to look at the Makefile.am as well for how it's used.

Cool, thanks!

The only issue i see is no docstrings found for C code
SCM_DEFINE'd Scheme procedures.  Probably there might be some
work-around, too (could the optional args of the
module-stexi-documentation() procedure change something here?).
Anyway, I'm pretty happy to see such functionality in Guile :-)

--
  Vladimir

(λ)επτόν EDA — https://github.com/lepton-eda