Re: Using shtml with htmlprag - output of shtml->html is different to so

From: Kenan Toker
Subject: Re: Using shtml with htmlprag - output of shtml->html is different to some given HTML
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 14:40:23 +1000

Great, in that case I'll use this patched version of htmlprag with
guile-lib now.

After a little bit of testing it looking like this patch did the trick -
here's the shtml of the HTML file in my original email:

    (*TOP* (*DECL* DOCTYPE html)
     (html
        (head
          (title Example)
       )
        (body
          (header (@ (class exampleHeader))
            (img (@ (id bannerImage) (src
    https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/static/base/img/branding.png)))
            (div
              (p (@ (id labelName)) A label for the header.)
           )
            (p (@ (id labelDescription)) Some description of the header.)
         )
          (div (@ (id exampleDiv))
            (hr)
            (div (@ (id divMessage)) An example message.)
         )
          (footer (@ (id footer)))
       )
    )
    )

Which looks a lot better - the p tag is nested inside the div, and my
sxpath expression '(// html body (header (@ (equal? (class
"exampleHeader")))) div) gives me the following (I've taken the escaped
characters and whitespace strings out):

    ((div
          (p (@ (id "labelName"))
             "A label for the header.")))

Thanks a lot for your help with this, it's very much appreciated!

(Likewise if I ever find myself with some time, I might review the code
for html-parsing and see whether porting it to RnRS is something I could
realistically work on.)

Cheers,
Kenan