Re: Diversification [ branched from Re: conflicts in the gnu project now

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Diversification [ branched from Re: conflicts in the gnu project now affect guile]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 14:33:43 +0200

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 01:25:44PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:48:13 +0200
> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 08:16:34AM +0200, Amirouche Boubekki wrote:
> > I only know that subscribing to GNOME Discourse required Javascript
> > and its mail headers are less pretty compared to mailman.
> >

> These are the reasons why I do not like Discourse.
>
> > I am not sure what it is that caused gnome to move from mailman to
> > discourse, but I suspect it was to get the more up-to-date feel of a web
> > interface.
>
> I quote Emmanuele Bassi,
> <https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2019-February/msg00001.html>:
> > Having a better archive search, a better moderation system, and a
> > decent web UI are the major selling points for switching to
> > Discourse.

If there isn’t one already, then I would like to start working on a
written in Guile, free software, old-school bulletin board-like
interface, perhaps with a more modern UI design, next week.  I do not
like Discourse and will need something like this anyway for other
projects.  I see there already is guile-email and Mumi.  So far I had
no time looking at either.  I would start next week.

Regards,
Florian