Re: mailmam, web bridge, forum, p2p (was: Diversification)

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: mailmam, web bridge, forum, p2p (was: Diversification)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 14:23:10 +0800

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 2:08 PM pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) <
address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 07:42:41AM +0800, Nala Ginrut wrote:
> > Yes, you need to login if you change IP, but the last IP keeps session.
>
> Does checking the IP enhance security in any way?  There are some
> (few) reasons IPs may change.

We don't chase the effect that one policy solves all problems.
Checking IP can only solve certain general problems. For example, the
stolen token can not be used to login from another machine.

> That is interesting, I did not think of that.  Then again, browsing
> the mailing list would be possible without login, i.e. without token,
> so URLs would be clean for a search engine crawler.  I do not know if
> crawlers should ever have a session on other Artanis sites.

I'm talking about the general cases since Artanis is not only for
mailing-list browsing.
The purpose is to explain why Artanis choose the policy.
In Artanis, you may use a customized method for that.

Best regards.