Re: mailmam, web bridge, forum, p2p (was: Diversification)

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: mailmam, web bridge, forum, p2p (was: Diversification)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 20:53:52 +0800

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> 于 2019年10月25日周五 19:30写道:

> It would be nice to be able to run scheme code in the client:
>
> https://github.com/google/schism
>
> They mention "the Webassembly GC proposal". :)
>
> Maybe some day, the Guile compiler could emit WASM? That would mean
> supporting multiple VMs.

That's my dream for years, fortunately, it will come true, just the matter
of time. Thanks WASM.
Schism generates WASM binary directly. But actually, we may just generate
standard WAT format which is s-expr, and can be convert to WASM by wat2wasm.
And fortunately, WASM has standard low-level system API spec now, which is
called WASI.
I haven't figured out the continuation in WASM. But I saw somebody raised
the topic.

Best regards.