Re: State of lilypond with Guile 2?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: State of lilypond with Guile 2?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 14:43:28 +0100

Am Do., 14. Nov. 2019 um 22:15 Uhr schrieb Arne Babenhauserheide
<address@hidden>:

> So with your patches Lilypond works with Guile 2.0.14.

Well, the mentioned zip contains several patches from several people.
Including some of your suggestions. ;)
My own are sometimes more (rude) workarounds than fixes.

> Is there a chance
> that you could get them into a new guile-v2-work-rev2 branch or such?

I hesitate to checkin patches reverting upstream work. Better to fix
the underlying problem, ofcourse.
In general I'd prefer to wait for official guile3 release. Any idea
when it will happen?

> And maybe post the commands you use to build and test it?

Nothing surprising.
>From lilypond-git-repo's master I checkout a local branch and throw-in
all those patches.
Then I follow our "Contributor's guide", i.e.

sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
mkdir -p build/
cd build/
../configure --enable-guile2
make

For the docs (if wished)
make doc

For testings
make test-baseline
and
make check

Ofcourse `configure --enable-guile2´ will search for the
system-installed guile2-version.
One could point to other guile and guile-config...

Cheers,
  Harm