Re: Curious if anyone has tried scripting BPF with Guile yet

From: Stephen Scheck
Subject: Re: Curious if anyone has tried scripting BPF with Guile yet
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 11:33:16 -0600

Daniel Tornabene <address@hidden> wrote:

> Did a couple of light searches, haven't found anything yet. Does anyone
> know if this is a silly question? As in, there's something that would
> prohibit a straight forward set of bindings via C to BPF, allowing one to
> write monitoring or introspection tools via Guile?

Does libpcap qualify? There’s this:

    https://github.com/davelambert/guile-pcap

A quick look at the code suggests that it’s a fairly direct mapping of the
libpcap C API, and probably no longer maintained as the last commit was 9
years ago. Before I realized that existed, I started my own libpcap binding
for Guile, mostly as a learning exercise. It’s perhaps a bit more bespoke,
but not yet ready for release.