Re: babelia

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: babelia
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 18:38:23 +0100

Le sam. 16 nov. 2019 à 11:06, Amirouche Boubekki
<address@hidden> a écrit :

> I restarted working on my personal search engine.

I pushed a v0.1.0 tag in the repository. You can find it at:

  https://git.sr.ht/~amz3/guile-babelia

Only the command line interface works. See `make benchmarks` to learn
how to use it.

Here is the benchmark over bug-guix mailing list archive:

;;; ("search for:" "shepherd")

;;; ("query time in milliseconds" 270)

* search: shepherd reboot

;;; ("search for:" "shepherd reboot")

;;; ("query time in milliseconds" 200)

* search: shepherd restart

;;; ("search for:" "shepherd restart")

;;; ("query time in milliseconds" 205)

* search: guix

;;; ("search for:" "guix")

;;; ("query time in milliseconds" 3973)

As you can see in the last result, it very slow on frequent terms like
"guix" in a guix specific dataset. There is many rooms for
improvements to reduce response time. In particular, "guix" query
results will be cached.

Good week end!