Re: GNU Guile 2.9.9 Released [beta]

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.9.9 Released [beta]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 22:48:58 +0100

I have a fix for this by pushing the method idiom to another module. So it
is not a burning issue.

Strange that I did not dee this error before in the 2.x series ever. Isn't
it so that
for procedures define in a (let () ...) the case you are
mentioning happened before but
I was on the impression that no inlining was done for defines on
different places in the
module before

I also have a request to be able to silence warning of unbound variables
that is not so for e.g. a python
implementation. Previously I modded message.scm and compile.scm so that I
can add symbols that will not
issue a warning when compiling.

It consists of

(define %dont-warn-list (make-fluid '()))

;; Exported
(define %add-to-warn-list
  (lambda (sym)
    (fluid-set! (M %dont-warn-list)
                (cons sym
                      (fluid-ref
                       (M %dont-warn-list))))))

And inside the warning emitter one checks for matches in the don't warn
list and mute if it matches.

For this to work we need also change the compiler as in compile.scm (see
the %dont-warn-list line ...

(define-set-C compile-file
  (lambda* (file #:key
                 (output-file      #f)
                 (from             ((C default-language)   file))
                 (to               'bytecode)
                 (env              ((C default-environment) from))
                 (opts             '())
                 (canonicalization 'relative))

    (with-fluids (((C %in-compile                     )   #t               )
 ((C %in-file                        )   file             )
                  ((@@ (system base message) %dont-warn-list)
                  ((C %file-port-name-canonicalization)   canonicalization )
                  ((C %current-file%                  )   file))

It would also be fabulous to direct the compiler depeneding on extensions
of the file which is also something I have to make the python environment
nicer.