Re: Hosting Guile web applications

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Hosting Guile web applications
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 10:08:42 +0100

Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to know where/how do you host your web applications written in
> Guile.

For all my web applications I have them listen on a port on localhost
only.  I use nginx to listen for requests from the outside and proxy
them to the local application.

To get started you don’t need much.  For development you don’t need to
even make the application available to the internet – you can simply
start it on your development machine and connect with a browser to
localhost on the port you picked.  Publication requires the usual things
for convenience: a domain name, a public IP address associated with the
name, and a web server that listens for HTTP requests sent to that IP
address on port 443 (for HTTPS) or 80 (for plain HTTP).

--
Ricardo