Re: Hosting Guile web applications

From: Jeremy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Re: Hosting Guile web applications
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 12:01:17 +0100

Le dimanche 19 janvier 2020 à 10:08 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus a écrit :
> Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I would like to know where/how do you host your web applications
> > written in Guile.
>
> For all my web applications I have them listen on a port on localhost
> only.  I use nginx to listen for requests from the outside and proxy
> them to the local application.
>
> To get started you don’t need much.  For development you don’t need
> even make the application available to the internet – you can simply
> start it on your development machine and connect with a browser to
> localhost on the port you picked.  Publication requires the usual
> things
> for convenience: a domain name, a public IP address associated with
> the
> name, and a web server that listens for HTTP requests sent to that IP
> address on port 443 (for HTTPS) or 80 (for plain HTTP).
>
> --
> Ricardo

Hey! Thank you both for your answers!

I will start by learning about Artanis and spread Guile all over the
web!

Then, to make it available to the internet (I have no self host
solution right now), do you know a hosting provider with Guile pre-
installed ? Or maybe I could install Guix on some vps kind of stuff.

I found a blog gcbenison.wordpress.com where I read how one did. Was
inspiring.

Cheers