Re: Geiser vs. guile-mode?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Geiser vs. guile-mode?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 23:44:48 +0000

On Fri, Feb 07 2020, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:

> Great news: Jao just fixed issue 252 mentioned above and seized the
> opportunity to release Geiser 0.11.
>
> Looks like I was a bit fast in my call for a guile-mode ;)
>
> So what about helping upstream with the implementation of the
> aforementioned features

I would greatly appreciate that.  Guile is geiser's main implementation,
and the best supported one.

> - How do we insert breakpoints?
> - How do we inspect compound objects?  (e.g. SLIME / CIDER style)
> - How do we use the stepper (for debugging)?

I'd be happy to discuss this and even implement it myself, or help with
it if people cannot wait (i won't be fast) and send patches.

Thanks,
jao
--
If at first you don't succeed, try and try and try again. And then give up.
There's no point making a damn fool out of yourself.