Re: Happy birthday, Guile!

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Happy birthday, Guile!
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 13:13:41 -0800

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 03:56:31PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:
> Hello Guilers!
>
> Today, it???s been 9 years since Guile 2.0 came out!

> We used to have a ???Guile potluck??? for the anniversary, where people
> would bring their own hacks and virtually join for a party.  We missed
> it this year, but if there???s a nice hack that you???d like to share, now
> is a good time!

I'm still hacking a few things.  Unfortunately I don't have a nice,
small, standalone project I can point to that fits the old "guile
potluck".

I guess I can point back to guile-gi v0.2.2 from a couple of months
ago.  It can be used to make GTK3 and Webkit bindings.  But, I didn't
do much of the work on that point release.  I do hope contribute more
as we prepare for v0.3.0 which will be, I believe, ready for use by
the general public.

The two Guile-related projects I am also hacking on as time permits
are Gano and yvdebug, but neither are useful at the moment.

Gano is a console text editor.  I started hacking on that 15 years ago
and abandoned it, but, I seem to have picked it up again.

And yvdebug hopes to be a Guile program that is a GTK terminal widget
that runs a Guile shell with some debugging features.

-Mike Gran