Re: Happy birthday, Guile!

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Happy birthday, Guile!
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 22:54:35 +0100

> Today, it’s been 9 years since Guile 2.0 came out!
>
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2011-02/msg00173.html

Woo!  Happy birthday, Guile!

> It’s impressive how much has been accomplished since 2.0, and how what
> seemed like a pipe dream back then came into reality with 3.0.  I think
> Guile 2.0 started a renaissance of Guile, and it’s in bloom now.  :-)
>
> We used to have a “Guile potluck” for the anniversary, where people
> would bring their own hacks and virtually join for a party.  We missed
> it this year, but if there’s a nice hack that you’d like to share, now
> is a good time!

A while back I wrote a proof-of-concept AWS library for Guile that feeds
the AWS service descriptions in JSON format into a small compiler from
AWS-JSON to Guile, resulting in a big generated DSL for managing EC2
instances (~ Amazon virtual machines) and S3 storage.

The code can be found here:

    https://git.elephly.net/software/guile-aws.git

It took cues from Dave’s Cloudformation library:

    https://git.dthompson.us/guile-cloudformation.git

and was heavily inspired by Mark Witmer’s Guile XCB:

    https://github.com/mwitmer/guile-xcb

--
Ricardo