Re: Happy birthday, Guile! - grid printing

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Happy birthday, Guile! - grid printing
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 01:10:46 +0100

Hi Guile Users!

Guile is my go to programming language for my free time projects : )
While it's sometimes not as easy to find answers for problems as in some
other programming languages, usually it is worth the research, as I come
out more knowledgeable on the other side. The documentation is usually
great and people are creating great projects and software in Guile.
Happy to be part of the community!

Some time ago and this weekend I have been working on a thing that
prints grids:

https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl/guile-grid-printer/src/0.1.0

Basically prints lists as grids in on command line or to string and
allows for configuration of the printed grid, such as padding or which
characters shall be used for representing borders or intersections in
the grid. Personally I think this could be useful for example for
printing a chess board or similar things in pure text form. In the test
cases, there is also an example of printing a grid containing a grid.

It's only one of many projects I try to work on, but since it is not as
complex as the others, it at least is already usable, while most of my
other projects are in the unfinished non-usable state.

Thanks everyone for participating in the Guile community and for sharing
knowledge or providing learning resources!

Zelphir