Re: How to contribute ?

From: Taylan Kammer
Subject: Re: How to contribute ?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 10:04:56 +0100

Thank you for bringing up SRFI 64.

May I propose to replace it with my SRFI 64 implementation instead?

Last time this idea was opposed on the grounds that it might not be well
tested whereas the reference implementation used in Guile is ubiquitous,
but I think that doesn't really hold much weight given that some bugs in
that implementation remained uncovered for such a long time. (Ironically, I
uncovered one while working on my rewrite, as it was originally based on
the reference implementation.)

My implementation passes the meta test suite that's used to test SRFI 64,
has vastly more readable code, arguably cleaner output by default, and is a
bit faster if I remember correctly.

It's found here:
https://github.com/TaylanUB/scheme-srfis

Although if you just want to patch the existing one, don't sweat over my
proposal. The ugliness of the default SRFI 64 implementation is just one of
my long lasting pet peeves. :-)

- Taylan