Re: Geiser vs. guile-mode?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Geiser vs. guile-mode?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 01:44:43 +0000

On Thu, Feb 20 2020, sirgazil wrote:

[...]

> By importing a module I mean adding it to (use-modules ...) while
> working on a Guile Scheme file.
>
> But now that you mention opening a file, I think the complete behavior
> I would expect would be that doing the following,
>
> 1. Visit path/to/file.scm
> 2. M-x run-guile
>
> would make symbols of all existing modules in (use-modules ...) to
> become available for autocomplete, autodoc, etc. And
>
> 3. Add more modules to (use-modules ...) during my work
>
> would also make the symbols of the new modules available for autocomplete,
> etc.
>
> Currently, I have to evaluate the buffer manually (C-c C-b) for these
> things to happen.

yes. but i'm afraid that's by design.  we don't continuously evaluate
what you write in a buffer.  writing something by mistake in use-modules
would then pollute the whole namespace, invisibly if one later removes
the use-modules subclause.  maybe that flymake/flycheck function will do
that for you? (to be honest, it's not something i find natural, so i'd
add it to geiser only if someone else contributes it and it's an
opt-in).

sorry for not being more helpful! :)

cheers,
jao
--
“If I can do it better in Emacs I use Emacs. Otherwise, I use Emacs.”
 - Mike Zamansky