Python on guile

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Python on guile
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 23:22:34 +0100

Hi all, there is an ever stream of tickets to fix in the python clone made
in guile. Usually I spend time testing some python submodule and in the
process realizes issues with the current code base. I'm certain that there
is quite a lot of bus still remaining.

My latest addition was the subprocess module, which exersisced the select
code, the os module and a popen like implementation. In the process
glitches in the name spacing was found and fixed for classes. (the name
bounding in clasdefs are a let construct but the decorators can refer to
the variable bindings (methods and assignments). I fixed the try exception
mechanism when one issues a simple (raise). If in a contexts of a error
handler, then the catched exception is resent. previously a simple
Exception with no data was resent. Now most warnings that was spamming the
python session have been quited. quite a lot of bugs have been found in the
os module and fixed.

With this I'm happy with the python on guile repo and just released a
version 1.1

Repo:
https://gitlab.com/python-on-guile/python-on-guile/tree/master

Happy hacking