Re: How to correctly load modules from runtime defineable locations?

From: Михаил Бахтерев
Subject: Re: How to correctly load modules from runtime defineable locations?
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 21:29:10 +0500

Thanks for the detailed answer.

When i run

  guile -L lib bin/check.scm

everything works fine. No warnings.

But my problem is that client wants just to unpack code archive to the
random location and run it from there. Unfortunately, no GUIX, no custom
builds. I don't understand what is the difference between -L option and
add-to-load-path. It seems, that -L just adds lib directory to the
%load-path, and that is it.

May be it would be better to provide shell script, but i would like
to solve this in pure Guile, if possible. May be, instead of
adding-to-load-path, the better solution would be to reexecute Guile
with appropriate -L options from simple trampoline .scm script?

If i opt to this solution of reexecuting Guile, are there better and
more robust choices than passing options through command line? Could the
passing paths through environment variables be more reliable option?