Re: Python on guile

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Python on guile
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 17:54:48 +0100

Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> Now in corona times I'm working quite a lot with python-on-guile fixing
> bugs in the parser and compiler. Trying to add and test more python
> modules. My test case is to get IPython running on python on guile.

You’re awesome! Thank you!

It sounds like the time could be coming to actually test the speed.
Maybe you can look into the pypy benchmarks for that:

https://speed.python.org/
https://speed.python.org/about/ — with link to the code

Those would give the first truly comparable test of the speed of Guile
vs. a non-Scheme — and a practical path into improving performance based
on higher level usage patterns.

Best wishes,
Arne
--