Python on guile version 1.2

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Python on guile version 1.2
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 15:41:16 +0200

Hi

I'm pleased to announce python on guile 1.2. This version increases the
correctness of the parser as well as adding quite a number of system py
files that compiles as an example the we can now generate python ast from
the compiler. Also some work to improve speed have been done.

Python on guile is both a python clone and a macro framework where python
objects and methods can be used in pure scheme code. There is some
significant  speed penalty due to this and a perfect match between python
modules and guile modules has not been achieved.

On the todo is to test the python modules as much as I can and with time
add more modules. The next modules to add is see if we can get the cpythons
ffi framework to be ported to guile as well as porting the zip modules.

Sources (make sure to use the latest dependencies):
https://gitlab.com/python-on-guile/python-on-guile

Happy hacking!