Re: guile-json 4.0.0 released

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: guile-json 4.0.0 released
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 19:37:24 +0200

Thanks for the mention. I have managed to squeeze another 10% out of my test
bed code, but that was at quite some expense of readability (no character
peeking, byte-based I/o where it makes sense, some heuristics changes). I will
try to prettify it and send you the link later on.

We are roughly half as fast as rackets JSON module running in racket-cs, which
is not bad!

Regarding our (ice-9 match) slowness:
I wrote a patch for reducing equal? with a char literal to eqv?, but it was so
hideous that Andy wrote a proper patch for it, and from guile 3.0.3 equal? and
eqv? will be reduced to faster equality checking for suitable literals!
Everybody wins!
--
  Linus Björnstam