Re: Normal distribution random numbers

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Normal distribution random numbers
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 23:30:48 +0200

Hi Zelphir,

…
> So my question is: Is there a good implementation in the Guile universe
> already? (Or a simple way to implement it?) I don't really need it right
> now, but I think this thing could be an obstacle for many people without
> serious math knowledge and it would be good to know, where to find it,
> should one have need for normal distributed random numbers.

I don’t know how random:normal does it, just that I used it.

See https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Random.html

If you want to add defined covariance, you can use cholesky
decomposition:
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/wisp/browse/examples/cholesky.scm?rev=91ec8dc32652

Best wishes,
Arne