Re: Blog post about Hall

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: Blog post about Hall
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 18:22:27 +0200

Hello Jérémy,

Le jeudi 11 juin 2020 à 17:10 +0200, Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski a écrit :
> Dear hackers,
>
> I want to share with you my last blog post about Hall !
>
> Hope it can be helpful.
>
> Here is the english version :
>
> https://jeko.writeas.com/hall-a-project-manager-for-the-guile-programming-language
>
> You can also find the french version on the blog.

This project is a good idea, and it's great to see blog posts. I
considered using it for myself, but as of now C bindings are
unfortunately not supported, so I still have to go with autoscan for
the bindings. When I finish stripping them out of the scheme code, I
will be sure to use hall for the interesting parts!

I really like the fact that I don't have to give up the automake
features. On that note, you may also want to consider adding a quick
line for "make distcheck", which makes sure that the distribution can
be built from source (detect missing files, out-of-tree build errors,
and a few other goodies)
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Checking-the-Distribution.html

Best regards

divoplade