Re: "Missing" libraries/concepts found in other languages/ecosystems?

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: "Missing" libraries/concepts found in other languages/ecosystems?
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 16:46:22 +0200

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020, at 02:34, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote:
> The comments about exception handling also reminded me of the following
> blog post:
>
> https://blog.sulami.xyz/posts/common-lisp-restarts/
>
> Pretty cool concept as well.
>
> If there anything like it in Guile or is something like it possible
> (probably, right?)?

I implemented a restart system in top of call/cc back in 2012, but that was
slow and had some interesting (as in completely wrong) edge cases.

Doing it with delimited continuations should be fast and a lot simpler. Someone
took my code and made it useful for chez, and then I saw something that looked
vaguely similar in one of the r7rs-large dockets.

Anyway, it is possible and probably not more than 100loc to do it properly
using continuations.