Re: No Guile on Windows?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: No Guile on Windows?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 16:00:56 +0200

Hi!

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> skribis:

> <rant>
> Sadly, Guile seems to care only about one OS: GNU/Linux, and more or

Guile is software so it’s doesn’t care one way or the other ;-), but
it’s true that the maintainers and probably most contributors are
primarily concerned with GNU/Linux.

However, my understanding is that Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) has
the potential to make all of us happy.  For example, here’s info from
someone who got Guix to run on Windows/WSL2:

  https://gist.github.com/giuliano108/49ec5bd0a9339db98535bc793ceb5ab4

Running Guile alone should be easier.  Notably, I would expect a bundle
created with ‘guix pack guile’ to Just Work on Windows.

Does anyone have experience with that?

Thanks,
Ludo’.