Re: Fwd: Re: Where can I find the environment files required to work wit

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Where can I find the environment files required to work with "Simply Scheme"?
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 15:18:58 -0400

Hi Mayuresh

"mayuresh@kathe.in" <mayuresh@kathe.in> writes:

> On Friday, August 07, 2020 05:24 PM IST, Ricardo Wurmus
> <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there something specific that isn’t working for you when using this
>> in Guile?
>
> Everything. Just running the other code which calls this throws-up
> errors I can't comprehend.

I saved “simply.scm” to a directory, went to that directory and ran:

    guile --no-auto-compile -l simply.scm

This spawned a working REPL that I could use to run the first couple of
examples from the book:

    scheme@(guile-user)> (word 'comp 'uter)
    $1 = computer

How are you loading the file?  Which example are you trying?

-- Tim