Re: Namespace confusion/pollution in languages implemented via Guile's c

From: Holger Peters
Subject: Re: Namespace confusion/pollution in languages implemented via Guile's compile-tower
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 17:27:52 +0100

Hi,

This is as intended.

Do you have a rationale for this intention?  I have been thinking
about this for weeks now, and I still cannot come up with a scenario
when I would like this behaviour.  That is if I'd load a lua-on-guile
REPL, I wouldn't like to have Lua symbols missing and Scheme symbols
present.

I had a look at the guile codebase proposed a patch that would unify
the behaviour of REPL and script execution:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2020-11/msg00004.html

---
Holger Peters <holger.peters@posteo.de>