Re: Problem installing Guile 3.0.4

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: Problem installing Guile 3.0.4
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 09:44:52 -0800

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 8:50 AM Dimaugh Silvestris
<dimaughsilvestris@gmail.com> wrote:

> After installing 3.0.4 using the commands
> sudo ./configure
> sudo make
> sudo make install
> (it would complain about not having permission if I didn't sudo)
>
> now when I try to run guile in the terminal I get:
> guile: error while loading shared libraries: libguile-3.0.so.1: cannot open
>
> After googling for an hour, nobody appears to have the same issue.

Usually you would do:

./configure
make
sudo make install

(only installation should need sudo)

About your problem, hard to know but make sure the path where guile
was installed (I assume /usr/local) is in one of the files
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/ (mostly 100% sure /usr/local/lib will be there).
After that, try running "ldconfig" and then try running guile again.

Aleix