is there a way to serialize hash tables?

From: Tim Meehan
Subject: is there a way to serialize hash tables?
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 21:27:49 -0600

I have a big-ish blob of key-value pairs that I would like to not have to
store as text and then convert to a hashtable when I am filtering my data.

Right now I am saving it as an alist and then converting back to a
hashtable using "alist->hashtable" from SRFI 69. I was just hoping that
there was something more clever ... perhaps it is plenty clever enough.