Re: Help making a GNU Guix package for pure GNU Guile library

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: Help making a GNU Guix package for pure GNU Guile library
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 21:16:16 +0100

Hello,

Le samedi 30 janvier 2021 à 20:43 +0100, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide a
écrit :
> I think configure-runs should be slimmed down by a first check
> whether
> it’s in a known environment (so 90% of the tests can be skipped). But
> that’s not a general complaint about the approach of autotools.
The configure script can use a cache file (
https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.70/html_node/Cache-Files.html
), so this can discard some of the tests and speed up things. Since we
are talking about guix (the perfect example of a "known environment",
in my opinion), maybe it could be a feature of guix to generate this
file automatically.