Re: guile-hall issues converting my project to a hall project

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: guile-hall issues converting my project to a hall project
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:12:04 +0100

Hello Tim!

Thank you, it works now!

Removing the duplicate entry of `fslib` in hall.scm fixed it.

Regarding the license: OK, I have no problem moving my license to
`COPYING`. However, I still think, that it should not put GPL there,
when I specified AGPL in `hall.scm`. This looks like a hardcoded
fallback, which does not take the license specification into account.
Something like: "If there is no `COPYING` file just put GPL into a file
`COPYING`." instead of "If there is no `COPYING` file just put
<user-specified-license-in-hall.scm> into a file `COPYING`.". I could be
wrong though, as I do not know anything about guile-hall's internals.

Follow up question would be, how to bring the package into the guix
repository, but I am guessing, that it will be answered at
https://guix.gnu.org/cookbook/en/html_node/Direct-checkout-hacking.html,
which I have not read yet.

Another question is, whether I should put you into the authors file and
write something like "help with packaging" there. What is the common
practice?

Best regards,
Zelphir

--