C extensions

From: Tim Meehan
Subject: C extensions
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 21:56:34 -0600

I'm trying my hand a writing C extensions.
I've done this for stuff like Matlab before, and was wondering how you do
the usual checking of the arguments that are passed in from Guile.

In the manual, 6.13.13.1 "C Support" has a few functions.
libguile/numbers.h has a bunch more ...

What I have is an extension function, sort of like the bessel function in
the tutorial:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/A-Sample-Guile-Extension.html

What I would like to do is verify that the first argument is an inexact
number, larger than 0. How would I go about that? Perhaps some of it could
be:
SCM_REALP
scm_misc_error

Any tips?